Monday, July 18, 2011

Intro (HOMEPAGE)

Welcome to the lyrics page for Tha People's Music CD. The lyrics were not included in the CD packaging to conserve resources/trees. Thank you for showing interest in social justice and independent, political hip hop by coming to this page and by listening to the CD. The reprinting of this CD was done on 100% recycled paper board with 100% recycled plastic soda bottles holding the CDs in the package.

ALL LYRICS CAN BE FOUND BY CLICKING ON THE SONG TITLES ON THE RIGHT OF THIS PAGE WHEN YOU SCROLL DOWN.

This CD was inspired largely by the fact that all of our current problems with oppression, inequality, and injustice are not new. The history of the world, and of the United States specifically, has everything to do with how certain people in positions of power created and maintained these problems over hundreds of years. Legendary World War II veteran and professor Howard Zinn of Boston University wrote an amazing comprehensive account of the US history that is either not taught or is glossed over in schools in his book A People's History of the United States from 1492 to Present. This CD is a musical version of that important book.

Knowing people's attention spans are getting shorter and shorter, I wanted to make this information accessible to more young people, music fans, and hip hop fans. Ideally, people will be inspired to read the book after hearing the CD, and if not, just by listening to the song people can better understand US history and why things are the way they are, and of course why they still need to be rectified. Also, people can understand that it is not hard to believe we are being deceived by those in power today, because we have always been since the beginning. As a side note, I'd like to mention here as I did on the CD, that information that benefits the people (and not just powerful corporations) can be found from independent news sources like Democracy Now or The Indypendent. 

On this CD I also wanted to help young people make a more informed choice about enlisting in the military. Young people are given an extremely one sided pitch and aren't really told the entire truth about what they are getting involved with. Additionally, police brutality is something very tragic and atrocious and I set a goal of doing entire songs about these issues.

In other songs included on this album I wanted to deal with various related issues having to do with social justice and the struggle for a better world. As I did on all my CDs I consciously imparted the fact that we are all connected as human beings and that we need to understand that and work together for the benefit of all humanity.

I hope you appreciate the lyrics and the project as a whole. If you would like to send me any feedback, or if you have any questions, I read the emails sent to the email address thatruthmusic@yahoo.com

Power to the People,

Tha Truth

1 comment:

  1. Dance Shoes
    Ballroom Dance shoes
    I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    ReplyDelete